UNIT GROUP 2221 MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PROFESSIONALS
MARKETING AND ADVERTISING PROFESSIONALS plan, develop, coordinate and implement programs of information dissemination to promote a favourable view of an organisation, products and services and to increase market share.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning and organising publicity campaigns and assigning tasks to researchers and publicity writers
- appraising, revising and selecting material submitted by publicity writers, photographers, illustrators and others to create favourable publicity
- undertaking or commissioning public opinion research, analysing the findings and planning public relations campaigns
- supporting business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- undertaking or commissioning market research to identify market opportunities for new or existing products and services
- interpreting and predicting current and future consumer trends
- planning, developing and organising advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advising executives or clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting the attributes of products or services