UNIT GROUP 7297 CLAY, STONE AND CONCRETE PROCESSING MACHINE OPERATORS
CLAY, STONE AND CONCRETE PROCESSING MACHINE OPERATORS operate machines which manufacture and finish a variety of clay and stone products by extruding, moulding, mixing, grinding, cutting and other processes.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- positioning clay and stone on machines to be cut or worked
- operating mixing, stacking and splitting machinery
- monitoring the flow of clay and other materials or products into machines and adjusting valves and controls to specifications
- setting grinding or cutting edges, checking progress of machining and adjusting equipment
- using hand tools to cut, inscribe and polish articles