7296-11 Glass Production Machine Operator
Operates machines to make molten glass and shape glassware products such as containers, sheet glass, structural or stained glass, glass lenses or prisms.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience.
- sets up and installs moulds and other machine fixtures
- sets up and operates glass-making machines to make molten glass and regulates temperature of molten glass
- presses or blows glass into moulds to form glassware products
- removes and replaces glass moulds and components
- collects samples for laboratory analysis, or inspects them and adjusts machine settings accordingly
- cleans, lubricates, repairs, and adjusts plant and equipment
Glass Furnace Operator
Glass Laminating Operator
Glass Melt Operator
Glass Toughening Operator