UNIT GROUP 3993 SPORTSPERSONS, COACHES AND RELATED SUPPORT WORKERS
SPORTSPERSONS, COACHES AND RELATED SUPPORT WORKERS participate in sporting events for monetary gain or recognition, coach, train and instruct sporting competitors, and officiate at sporting events.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. Some occupations may require high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- competing in and training for sporting events
- coaching, training and instructing sportspersons by analysing performances and developing abilities
- planning and directing game strategies, developing play patterns, analysing game progress and motivating players
- promoting sports and skills development, and overseeing the participation of young people in sport
- officiating at sporting events to enforce rules
- coordinating and directing sporting activities, and liaising with other officials to interpret and enforce rules and regulations relating to sport