3993-35 Other Sports Official
Coordinates and directs sporting activities, and liaises with other officials to interpret and enforce sporting rules and regulations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- supervises sports events
- controls acceptances and participation of competitors in sports events
- determines violations of rules and regulations and determines penalties for breaches of rules
- may decide on results, and record and announce scores
- may be involved in the administration of teams and sportspersons
- may be responsible for equipment