FREE PUBLICATIONS ON THE ABS WEBSITE
The ABS received funding in the May Budget to enable provision of free publications on the web.
From 1 July, the range of free content on the ABS web site which was previously limited to "Main Features" for most statistical releases will be expanded to include:
Additional further data including most, if not all, remaining priced standard products, ie:
- electronic publications (PDF and HTML based content);
- electronic "publication tables", ie tables in spreadsheet or data-cube format which otherwise would have been included in a printed/PDF publication; and in particular
- electronic State/Territory "publication tables" that complement national "publication tables".
is also under consideration as free-on-the-web content which may become available from 1 January 2006.
Inquiries regarding these changes can be made to the ABS's National Information Referral Service phone 1300 135 070 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- time series spreadsheets, and
- other spreadsheets and data-cubes.