2491-13 Music Teacher (Private)
Teaches students in the practice, theory and performance of music, in private training establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determines students' interests, capabilities and potential for training through interview and observation
- develops performance skills and related disciplines
- plans programs of study for groups and individual students
- teaches by demonstration, direction and supervision
- assesses competence and provides feedback
- teaches theory of the particular area of study
- maintains student records of progress and proficiency
- assigns problems and exercises relative to students' training needs and talents
- may arrange visits and tours to professional performances
- may organise performance of students' work
Singing Teacher (Private)