2491-11 Art Teacher (Private)
Teaches students in the practice and theory of art, in private training establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- plans programs of study for individual students and groups
- prepares and delivers lectures
- demonstrates the use and selection of creative media and materials
- assigns problems relative to materials, design and expression
- provides guidance by demonstration and the use of sample films and other media
- teaches theory of the particular area of study
- assesses students' work and offers advice, criticism and encouragement
- may arrange tours of art galleries and museums
- may arrange for exhibitions of students' work