Applying for TableBuilder and Microdata access
Registering and Registration Centre
- How do I register?
- What if I don't receive the activation email?
- I have forgotten my password/user ID or my secret question/answer
- How do I update my personal details?
- How do I update my email address?
- I am a Contact Officer but I cannot see an Organisation Administration tab when I log into Registration Centre
- What is microdata?
- What is the difference between aggregate data and microdata?
- What types of microdata are available?
- What skills and software are required to use microdata in DataLab?
- What skills and software are required to use microdata in RADL?
- What is meant by 'Statistical Purpose'?
- Does the ABS guarantee that microdata and systems are free from errors?
Working with others when using microdata
Licensing, copyright and citations
- What are the licence provisions and what copyright information do I need to know?
- How do I attribute ABS as the source of data in my research?
- How do I cite TableBuilder output I have used in my research?
- How do I cite microdata output I have used in my research?
- What other research has been done using TableBuilder and microdata?
Obligations, responsibilities and liability
- What are the Terms and Conditions for TableBuilder and microdata access?
- What are the obligations of a microdata user?
- What are the Responsible Officer's responsibilities?
- Who can be a Responsible Officer?
- What are the Contact Officer's role and responsibilities?
- What are the conditions for DataLab access?
- What are the conditions for Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL) access?
- What are the penalties for breaching a microdata undertaking?
- What is the ABS liability position regarding microdata?
ABS/Universities Australia Agreement
What if I don't receive the activation email?
Check your spam folder to see if the email has been automatically categorised. If you still can't find the email, contact the ABS at email@example.com and an ABS staff member will assist you.
I am a Contact Officer for my organisation, but I cannot see an 'Organisation administration' tab when I log into the Registration Centre.
When you log into Registration Centre, if you see your tabs, but they are aligned vertically down the page, rather than horizontally across the page an error has occurred. In some cases, Internet Explorer (IE) 8 reverts back to the Internet Explorer 7 engine. These are instructions to turn off IE7, so that IE8 is running as IE8:
- If you can't see a menu bar in Internet Explorer (File, Edit, etc.), enable it by right clicking on some empty space in the tab bar and ticking Menu Bar.
- In the menu bar, go to the Tools menu and click on Compatibility View Settings.
- Untick the 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' tickbox.
- If the problem still persists (you still do not see an 'Organisation administration' tab), contact the ABS at firstname.lastname@example.org and an ABS staff member will assist you.