FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Applying for TableBuilder and Microdata access
- What is microdata?
- What are the three types of microdata available?
- What level of detail is available from different microdata products?
- Who can apply for microdata access?
- Can I use microdata in more than one organisation?
- What skills and software are required to use microdata in DataLab?
- What skills and software are required to use microdata in RADL?
- Who can be a Responsible Officer?
- What is meant by 'Statistical Purpose'?
- How is microdata confidentialised in order to protect survey participant's privacy?
- Is there information on how to confidentialise my own microdata?
- Does the ABS guarantee that microdata and systems are free from errors?
Obligations, responsibilities and liability
- What are the Terms and Conditions for TableBuilder and microdata access?
- What are the obligations of a microdata user?
- What are the Responsible Officer's responsibilities?
- What are the Contact Officer's role and responsibilities?
- What are the conditions for DataLab access?
- What are the conditions for Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL) access?
- Can I collaborate with others on my microdata research?
- Can I share microdata or microdata output?
- What are the penalties for breaching a microdata undertaking?
- What are the licence provisions and what copyright information do I need to know?
- How do I cite TableBuilder output that I have used in my research?
- How do I cite the microdata I have used in my research?
- What is the ABS liability position regarding microdata?
ABS/Universities Australia Agreement