Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,942,708 1 new person every 1 minute and 24 seconds. Consumer price index 1.9% March quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Dec 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,567.90 November 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% April 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 22 May 2018How far do Australians go to get to work?Census of Population and Housing: Commuting to Work - More Stories from the Census
- Tuesday 22 May 2018Retail Trade Margins fall 0.8 per centProducer Price Indexes, Australia (Additional Information)
- Tuesday 22 May 201815% of Australians changed address in the last year.Census of Population and Housing: Reflecting Australia - Stories from the Census (Additional Information)
- Tuesday 22 May 2018Higher education research expenditure grows by 7%Research and Experimental Development, Higher Education Organisations, Australia
- Monday 21 May 2018Bumper crop production for 2016-17Agricultural Commodities, Australia
Review of 2021 Census topics Public consultation is now open What is the most useful information to collect in the 2021 Census? Tell us about your data needs and have a say on the information we collect in the 2021 Census. Learn more and make your submission by 30 June 2018.
ABS 2019 Graduate Program Apply now for the ABS 2019 Graduate Program Join us in informing Australia's important decisions and help shape Australia's future. Graduate vacancies in all capital cities. Don't delay - submit your application today! Applications close 28 May 2019.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966