Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,769,711 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.8% September quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.6% Quarterly change Sep 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,543.80 May 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% October 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 13 December 2017September most common month for babies born in AustraliaBirths, Australia
- Wednesday 13 December 2017Children lead the way in falling sugar consumptionAustralian Health Survey: Consumption of added sugars (Additional Information)
- Wednesday 13 December 2017Growing appetite for chicken as vegetables lose favourAustralian Health Survey: Consumption of Food Groups from the Australian Dietary Guidelines (Additional Information)
- Wednesday 13 December 2017New insights into Australia’s same-sex couples
- Wednesday 13 December 2017Updated content for comparisons to the NNS 1995Australian Health Survey: Users' Guide (Additional Information)
Remake of Statistical Determination 1983 Public consultation is now open Public consultation is now open to remake of the Statistics Determination 1983 . The Treasury and ABS have prepared a public consultation paper that outlines the proposed changes. To view the consultation paper or make a submission go to the Treasury consultation site.
The Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey Results Announced Results from the Australian Marriage Law Postal Survey are now available at www.marriagesurvey.abs.gov.au/results. The official statistics include a count of responses (Yes, No and Response Not Clear) as well as data on participation at the Federal Electoral Division, State/Territory and National level.
Almost half of NT residents moved address between 2011 and 2016