Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,266,222 1 new person every 1 minute and 15 seconds. Consumer price index 1.8% December quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.3% Quarterly change Sep 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,604.90 November 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.1% January 2019 Monthly, trend estimate
Due to scheduled maintenance users may experience a short outage of the ABS website and ABS online products on Friday 22 February After 1pm (Canberra time). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Friday 22 February 2019Energy value increasing, households more efficientEnergy Account, Australia
- Thursday 21 February 2019Trend unemployment rate steady at 5.1%Labour Force, Australia
- Thursday 21 February 2019Continued Low Growth in Average EarningsAverage Weekly Earnings, Australia
- Thursday 21 February 2019Australian business counts increaseCounts of Australian Businesses, including Entries and Exits
- Wednesday 20 February 2019Wages rise 0.5% in the December quarter 2018Wage Price Index, Australia
Experiences of Violence and Personal Safety of People with Disability People with Disability and Experiences of Violence People with disability are more likely to experience physical violence than people without disability (5 per cent to 4 per cent respectively). One in eight people with a psychological or intellectual disability experienced physical violence in 2016, compared with one in 20 people with physical disability.
ABSBETA Launch of ABS Beta Website Help us make a new user-friendly website. ABS Beta is the place where you can try out new website concepts and provide feedback about your experience.
The ACT has the highest proportion of people with qualifications