Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,263,958 1 new person every 1 minute and 15 seconds. Consumer price index 1.8% December quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.3% Quarterly change Sep 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.0% December 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 20 February 2019Wages rise 0.5% in the December quarter 2018Wage Price Index, Australia
- Tuesday 19 February 2019Chinese travellers lead the way down underOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
- Tuesday 19 February 2019Water in Canberra cleaner, and there’s more of itIntegrated Water Accounts for the Canberra region
- Tuesday 19 February 2019Aboriginal women's experiences of family violenceNational Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey (Additional Information)
- Thursday 14 February 2019Behind the numbers: How many people work one hour/week?Labour Force, Australia, Detailed - Electronic Delivery (Additional Information)
Experiences of Violence and Personal Safety of People with Disability People with Disability and Experiences of Violence People with disability are more likely to experience physical violence than people without disability (5 per cent to 4 per cent respectively). One in eight people with a psychological or intellectual disability experienced physical violence in 2016, compared with one in 20 people with physical disability.
ABSBETA Launch of ABS Beta Website Help us make a new user-friendly website. ABS Beta is the place where you can try out new website concepts and provide feedback about your experience.
The ACT has the highest proportion of people with qualifications