Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,599,844 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds Consumer price index 2.1% March quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.3% Quarterly change Mar 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,533.10 November 2016 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.6% June 2017 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 25 July 2017ABS and GovHack to unleash the power of statisticsABS and GovHack to unleash the power of statistics
- Tuesday 25 July 2017Labour Account: Filled jobs grew by 2.7% in 2015-16Labour Account Australia, Experimental Estimates
- Monday 24 July 2017Update on stability and change in ABS Statistical AreasAustralian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS): Volume 1 - Main Structure and Greater Capital City Statistical Areas (Additional Information)
- Thursday 20 July 2017Trend full-time employment growth continuesLabour Force, Australia
- Thursday 20 July 2017Data cubes for Stories from the 2016 CensusCensus of Population and Housing: Reflecting Australia - Stories from the Census (Additional Information)
Census reveals we’re a fast changing nation Census reveals we’re a fast changing nation The results of the latest national Census reveal we’re a fast changing, ever-expanding, culturally diverse nation. The 2016 Census counted 23,717,421 people in Australia on Census night.
Australia's Cultural Diversity Australia's Cultural Diversity Since Federation, Australia's migration history has been shaped by government policy and world events, evolving into a nation of people from over 190 different countries and 300 different ancestries. Learn more about the changing face of Australia.
In 2016, 83 per cent of people who reported they do not speak English at all completed the Census online