Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,135,749 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 1.9% September quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.9% Quarterly change June 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.2% September 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Wednesday 14 November 2018Wages rise 0.6% in the September quarter 2018Wage Price Index, Australia
- Wednesday 14 November 2018ABS tests topics for 2021 CensusCensus of Population and Housing: Topic Directions
- Tuesday 13 November 2018Personal finance commitments decrease 0.3%Lending Finance, Australia
- Tuesday 13 November 2018Young people less satisfied with their GP experiencePatient Experiences in Australia: Summary of Findings
- Friday 9 November 2018Total dwelling finance decreases 3.8%Housing Finance, Australia
Census of Population and Housing: Topic Directions, 2021 2021 Census Topic Directions testing continues Thanks to feedback from many individuals and organisations in the community, the ABS has identified eight proposed new topics for further testing and possible inclusion in the 2021 Census of Population and Housing.
Regional Population by Age and Sex, Australia, 2017 Our oldest and youngest - where do they live? Median ages in popular coastal retirement destinations remain high, reaching 62.4 years old in Tea Gardens, north of Newcastle in New South Wales, and 59.6 in Bribie Island, Queensland. Conversely, areas populated largely by students and military personnel have low median ages, eg Acton, ACT (21.3) and Duntroon (21.9).
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966