Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,107,962 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 2.1% June quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.9% Quarterly change June 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,586.20 May 2018 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.2% September 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Friday 19 October 2018Report on ABS performance in 2017-18Australian Bureau of Statistics - Annual Report
- Friday 19 October 2018Australian Statistics Advisory Council - Annual ReportAustralian Statistics Advisory Council - Annual Report
- Thursday 18 October 2018Trend unemployment rate at six-year lowLabour Force, Australia
- Wednesday 17 October 2018Births driving growth in Australia’s First PeoplesCensus of Population and Housing: Understanding the Increase in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Counts
- Wednesday 17 October 2018Indonesia top destination in AugustOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Causes of Death, Australia, 2017 Alcohol-induced deaths decreasing The rate of alcohol-induced deaths is now 5.1 in 100,000 Australians, down from 6.6 in 100,000 in the late 90s. Following a bad flu season, deaths by influenza in 2017 tripled the previous year's figure. Coronary artery disease remains our leading cause of death.
Australian Demographic Statistics, Mar 2018 Time for a sun and sea change? Queensland is the most popular destination for interstate movers, gaining 24,000 people in the year ending March 2018. Victoria was the next most popular state, with a net gain of 15,100 people. 52,000 people from New South Wales made the move north; 36,900 Queenslanders made the reverse journey.
74% of Health Professionals are female