Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 24,864,138 1 new person every 1 minute and 26 seconds Consumer price index 1.9% December quarter 2017 All groups, original Gross domestic product 0.4% Quarterly change Dec 2017 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,567.90 November 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.5% January 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 20 March 2018Annual property price growth slows in December quarterResidential Property Price Indexes: Eight Capital Cities
- Tuesday 20 March 2018Australia tells us what matters for volunteering dataInformation Paper: Collection of Volunteering data in the ABS
- Friday 16 March 2018Remoteness Areas now availableAustralian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS): Volume 5 - Remoteness Structure
- Friday 16 March 2018Confirming product details for upcoming Census releaseInformation Paper: Census of Population and Housing - Products and Services (Additional Information)
- Thursday 15 March 2018Travel to Vietnam up 28.0% from a year agoOverseas Arrivals and Departures, Australia
Preschool Education, Australia, 2017 Preschool Education Australia, 2017 out now! In Australia, most little learners are now enrolled in a preschool program for 15+ hours a week. To see which states and territories had the highest percentage of children enrolled in a preschool program and more click here!
Census of Population and Housing: Estimating homelessness, 2016 Census reveals rise in the rate of Australia's homeless Over 116,000 people were estimated to be homeless in Australia on Census night in 2016 - that's a 4.6 per cent increase in the rate of homelessness since 2011.
56% of women were employed in 2016, compared with 34% in 1966