Key IndicatorsPopulation clock 25,007,696 1 new person every 1 minute and 23 seconds. Consumer price index 2.1% June quarter 2018 All groups, original Gross domestic product 1.0% Quarterly change Mar 2018 Chain volume measure, seasonally adjusted Average weekly earnings $1,567.90 November 2017 Full time adults ordinary time, trend estimate Unemployment rate 5.4% June 2018 Monthly, trend estimate
- Tuesday 14 August 2018Annual re-weight of the CPI and Living Cost IndexesInformation Paper: An Update on the Annual Re-weighting of the Australian CPI and Living Cost Indexes
- Tuesday 14 August 2018Lamb production hits a record high in June 2018 quarterLivestock Products, Australia
- Monday 13 August 2018Latest data on the activity of foreign owned businessesEconomic Activity of Foreign Owned Businesses in Australia
- Monday 13 August 2018Test file for MADIP longitudinal microdata now availableMicrodata: Multi-Agency Data Integration Project (Additional Information)
- Friday 10 August 2018Personal finance decreases 0.4%Lending Finance, Australia
Census of Population and Housing: Characteristics of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, 2016 2016 Census Storybooks After each Census, the ABS travels around Australia to give Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities back their data. The 2016 Census storybooks are one of the unique ways these stories are shared. Now you can check out the 2016 Census storybooks online.
Population Clock Australia’s population reaches 25 million Australia’s population reaches 25 million on Tuesday 7 August just after 11pm (AEST), according to the ABS Population Clock. Learn more about this milestone and insights of how we got here, where we live, how we compare internationally and future population milestones.
13% of people aged over 65 are still working