SURVEY OUTPUT AND DISSEMINATION
A range of data products are available from SEARS 2007 in both published form and on request. Products available on the ABS website <www.abs.gov.au> are indicated accordingly.
The publication, Employment Arrangements, Retirement and Superannuation, Australia, April to July 2007 (cat. no. 6361.0), presents summary results from the survey. The tables in the publication are predominantly national level data tables, but some tables show State and Territory results. There are 2 superannuation time series tables. The publication was released in November 2008 and is available free of charge on the ABS web site <www.abs.gov.au>. An electronic version of the tables in spreadsheet format, will also be available on the ABS web site <www.abs.gov.au> in November. The spreadsheets present the estimates and related RSEs for each publication table.
Versions of the tables from the summary publication compiled separately for each State and Territory will be available on the ABS web site <www.abs.gov.au> in November 2008. These tables will be customised depending on the size of the sampling error. They will be released in spreadsheet format as Employment Arrangements, Retirement and Superannuation; State Tables (cat. no. 6361.0.55.003).
For users who wish to undertake more detailed analysis of the survey data, microdata from the 2007 SEARS will be released in the form of an expanded confidentialised unit record file (CURF): Microdata: Employment Arrangements, Retirement and Superannuation, Expanded CURF, Australia, April to July 2007 (cat. no. 6361.0.55.001). The expanded CURF will contain detailed survey information and will only be available via the Remote Access Data Laboratory (RADL), which is a secure internet-based data query service. Information on using the expanded CURF is included in Chapter 6: Using the CURF data.
Clients interested in finding out more about the CURFs should contact the Microdata Access Strategies section by emailing <firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phoning (02) 6252 7714. A full range of up-to-date information about the availability of and access to ABS CURFs is also available via the ABS web site <http://www.abs.gov.au> (see Services, Confidentialised Unit Record Files (CURFs)).
Special data services
The published data are only a small portion of the data collected in the survey. The ABS offers specialised consultancy services to assist clients with more complex statistical information needs. Clients may wish to have unit record data analysed according to their own needs, or require tables incorporating data items and populations tailored to their requirements.
Tables and other analytic outputs can be made available electronically or in printed form. However, as the level of detail or disaggregation increases with detailed requests, the number of contributors to data cells decreases. This may result in some requested information not being able to be released due to confidentiality or sampling variability constraints. All specialist consultancy services attract a service charge, and clients will be provided with a quote before information is supplied. For further information, contact ABS information consultants on 1300 135 070.
Current publications and other products released by the ABS are freely available on the ABS web site <www.abs.gov.au>. Some ABS publications which may be of interest are:
- Employment Arrangements and Superannuation, Australia, June 2000 (cat. no. 6361.0)
- Superannuation Coverage and Financial Characteristics, Australia, June 2000 (cat. no. 6360.0)
- Australian Labour Market Statistics, July 2008 (cat. no. 6105.0)
- Census of Population and Housing: Selected Social and Housing Characteristics, Australia, 2001 (cat. no. 2015.0)
- Disability, Ageing and Carers, Australia: Summary of Findings, 2003 (cat. no. 4430.0)
- Household Expenditure Survey, Australia: Summary of Results, 2003-04 (cat. no. 6530.0)
- Household Income and Income Distribution, Australia, 2003-04 (cat. no. 6523.0)
- Labour Force, Australia, August 2008 (cat. no. 6202.0)
- Labour Mobility, Australia, February 2006 (cat. no. 6209.0)
- Voluntary Work, Australia, 2006 (cat. no. 4441.0)
- Labour force status and other Characteristics of Families, Australia, June 2008 (cat. no. 6224.0)
- Retirement and Retirement Intentions, Australia, July 2006 June 2007 (cat. no. 6238.0)
- Employee Earnings, Benefits and Trade Union Membership, Australia, August 2007 (cat. no. 6310.0)
- Barriers and Incentives to Labour Force Participation (cat. no. 6239.0)
- Working Time Arrangements, Australia, November 2006 (cat. no. 6342.0)
- Forms of Employment, Australia, November 2007 (cat. no. 6359.0)