This group covers R&D directed towards the assessment and evaluation of environmental and natural resources.
- assessment and evaluation of environmental aspects of rural and urban land and water bodies, including their capacity to support human populations;
- evaluation of institutional arrangements and economic incentives for environmental protection;
- eco-verification (assessment of environmental impacts of products and services);
- environmental lifecycle assessment (assessment of environmental impacts of products and services over their lifecycle);
- environmental management systems; and
- rights of people to environmental and natural resources.
This group has twelve objectives:
960601 Economic Incentives for Environmental Protection
960602 Eco-Verification (excl. Environmental Lifecycle Assessment)
960603 Environmental Lifecycle Assessment
960604 Environmental Management Systems
960605 Institutional Arrangements for Environmental Protection
960606 Rights to Environmental and Natural Resources (excl. Water Allocation)
960607 Rural Land Evaluation
960608 Rural Water Evaluation (incl. Water Quality)
960609 Sustainability Indicators
960610 Urban Land Evaluation
960611 Urban Water Evaluation (incl. Water Quality)
960699 Environmental and Natural Resource Evaluation not elsewhere classified
a) Rural, regional and urban planning issues, including environmental impact studies of new developments, are included in Group 8701 Construction Planning.
b) Economic aspects of resource consumption are included in Group 9102 Microeconomics.
c) Economic aspects of the environment are included in Group 9199 Other Economic Framework.
d) Environmental ethics is included in Group 9504 Religion and Ethics.
e) Assessment of ecosystems is included in Group 9605 Ecosystem Assessment and Management.
f) Water allocation for agricultural production is included in Group 9609 Land and Water Management.
g) The evaluation of the physical and chemical conditions of water is included in Group 9611 Physical and Chemical Conditions of Water.