UNIT GROUP 5995 DESKTOP PUBLISHING OPERATORS
DESKTOP PUBLISHING OPERATORS prepare and assemble the layout of books, newsletters, magazines, and advertisements for publication using desktop publishing software, according to specified design and presentation requirements.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- liaising with clients to specify requirements and advising on ways to solve potential problems
- planning designs of layouts using desktop publishing software in accordance with clients' requirements by studying drawings, illustrations, photographs, texts and artwork to be reproduced
- using desktop publishing software to amend layout, select fonts and integrate text with graphics to create a balanced and readable document
- producing graphics from originals through computer imaging, merging photographs with computer images, scanning and adjusting colours by computer
- executing approved designs, arranging drawings, photographs and texts to meet client requirements