UNIT GROUP 2231 COMPUTING PROFESSIONALS
COMPUTING PROFESSIONALS design and prepare software to meet specific requirements in all aspects of the computing environment, and control and audit the operation of computing facilities within an organisation.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- writing, testing and maintaining operations and end-use software
- analysing systems to determine whether all specific requirements within an organisation are met
- developing and improving data processing procedures
- designing and modifying operating environment software to link with other software and hardware
- maintaining data dictionaries and data management systems to ensure integrity and security of data
- conducting research into computers and computer-based systems
- developing techniques for the application of computing theory
- analysing computer operations and usage to assess the completeness, accuracy, validity and efficiency of systems