2231-21 Computer Systems Auditor
Designs and monitors control systems which ensure the integrity and security of data and reviews the organisation's computing environment and usage of computer facilities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- analyses information processing systems to assess their completeness, accuracy, validity, and efficiency
- assesses whether business systems process authorised transactions completely, accurately, and in a timely manner
- reviews application systems and associated business procedures to ensure that they meet desired business objectives in a timely and efficient manner
- participates in the design of new systems to ensure that the resulting system is efficient, effective and well controlled
- reviews the computing environment of organisations to assess the operations, systems software, systems development and security procedures
- reviews the acquisition of software and hardware in terms of economy, efficiency and ability to meet operating requirements
- investigates the usage of computing facilities
- liaises with data processing management and systems users, and prepares reports recommending improvements in the management of computing facilities
Information Technology Security Manager