3993-21 Tennis Coach
Coaches, trains and instructs tennis players by analysing their performances and developing their abilities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- observes and analyses performances of tennis players
- coaches or instructs tennis players by demonstrating techniques
- oversees training and evaluates tennis players' physical condition
- prescribes routines and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles and improve fitness
- plans and directs match strategies, develops play patterns, analyses match progress and motivates and instructs players
- conducts post-match analysis of play, evaluates performances and makes changes in strategy
- may recommend special diets
- may render first aid to injured persons