3993-19 Gymnastics Coach
Coaches, trains and instructs gymnasts by analysing their performances and developing their abilities.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Diploma or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing may be required.
- observes and analyses performances of gymnasts
- coaches or instructs gymnasts by demonstrating techniques
- oversees training and evaluates gymnasts' physical condition
- prescribes routines and corrective exercises to strengthen muscles and improve fitness
- may plan and direct routines for elite gymnasts
- may teach and demonstrate skills, techniques and use of gymnastic apparatus to children and others
- may recommend special diets
- may render first aid to injured persons
Rhythmic Gymnastics Coach