UNIT GROUP 4316 COMMUNICATIONS TRADESPERSONS
COMMUNICATIONS TRADESPERSONS install, maintain and repair telecommunications equipment and appliances, data transmission equipment, aerial lines, conduits, cables and radio antennae.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining drawings, specifications and work areas to determine positioning and connections for equipment to be installed
- attaching wires and cables to appliances
- locating faults in telecommunications equipment using instruments such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, ammeters and transmission measuring equipment
- adjusting, replacing and repairing faulty items
- testing equipment using electronic instruments
- installing underground cables for telephone, radio, pay TV and computer transmission