2421-11 University Lecturer
Lectures students and conducts tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university and conducts research in a particular field of knowledge.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- prepares and delivers lectures and seminars
- prepares assignments, examinations and other course work to assess students
- conducts tutorials, clinical sessions, workshops and other practical classes
- supervises work programs of post-graduate and honours students and tutorial staff
- attends meetings with other staff including those meetings concerned with departmental, budgetary and policy matters
- attends conferences dealing with academic specialisation
- participates in the setting of course and degree requirements, curriculum revision and academic planning
- advises students on academic and related matters
- serves on council, senate, faculty and other committees
- conducts research in a particular field of knowledge
- may publish articles