UNIT GROUP 2421 UNIVERSITY LECTURERS AND TUTORS
UNIVERSITY LECTURERS AND TUTORS prepare and deliver lectures and conduct tutorials in one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a university and conduct research in a particular field of knowledge.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing and delivering lectures, conducting tutorials, seminars, and laboratory sessions
- preparing and marking essays, assignments and examinations
- advising students on academic and related matters
- participating in course development and in meetings on departmental, budgetary, curriculum and policy matters
- attending conferences and seminars, and conducting research into a particular field of knowledge