4313-13 Cable Jointer
Joins insulated electric power cables installed in underground conduits and trenches and prepares cable terminations for connection to electrical equipment and overhead lines.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- repairs, maintains and joins cables
- splices conductors, insulates splices and connects cable sheathing
- checks insulation and performance of installed cables
- maintains location diagrams
- ensures that electrical conductors are correctly connected between sub-stations and customers' premises
- may dig trenches and service pits or tunnels for cables
- may test for the presence of gas
- may encase cables in armoured or other protective covers