UNIT GROUP 4313 ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRADESPERSONS
ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRADESPERSONS prepare, install, repair, maintain and patrol electric power distribution networks.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- joining overhead and underground cables
- splicing conductors, insulating splices and connecting cable sheathing
- testing performance of installed cables and checking insulation of cables
- installing and servicing aerial equipment such as cross arms, insulators, transformers, street lights and customer supply points
- covering energised conductors with insulating materials
- performing emergency repairs and de-energising of conductors