2513-17 Careers Counsellor
Advises individuals and groups about career choices and assists individuals with self-development.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- provides information and resources to assist clients with job-seeking skills
- assists clients to develop awareness about career options by obtaining and examining information relevant to their abilities and needs
- maintains careers and labour market information
- analyses vocational information, explains alternatives and suggests possible courses of action
- may organise interview programs, surveys and careers displays
- may assist with special courses or community awareness programs
- may maintain job registers and refer clients to employers