2513-15 Family Counsellor
Assists individuals, couples or families with marriage or relationship difficulties.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assists the understanding and adjustment of attitudes, expectations and behaviour to develop more effective interpersonal and marital relationships
- conducts counselling or therapeutic interviews with individuals, couples or family groups
- collects data through observation and case histories, and discusses problems with parties involved
- presents alternative approaches and discusses potential for attitude and behaviour change
- counsels people and assists with appropriate decisions and adjustments relating to divorce
Family Court Counsellor