UNIT GROUP 5111 SECRETARIES AND PERSONAL ASSISTANTS
SECRETARIES AND PERSONAL ASSISTANTS perform secretarial, stenographic and other administrative tasks in support of managers and professionals.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing reports, briefing notes, memoranda and correspondence, and proofreading work for typographical and grammatical errors
- processing incoming and outgoing mail, filing correspondence and maintaining records
- operating telephone switch, answering telephone calls and answering queries or redirecting callers
- maintaining appointment books and making travel arrangements
- liaising with other staff on matters pertaining to company operations
- maintaining confidential files and documents