DATA ITEM LIST
The 2013 WRTAL TableBuilder file contains around 20,000 confidentialised respondent records from the survey and includes around 100 data items that are available for cross tabulation (although some restrictions may apply). A complete list of the data items available for use, including relevant population and classification details, can be found in the Excel spreadsheet in the Downloads tab.
The data item list spreadsheet comprises 10 worksheets covering:
- table of contents
- data items on demographic characteristics
- data items on labour force characteristics
- data items on highest educational attainment
- data items on participation in formal learning
- data items on participation in work-related training
- data items on cost and time spent on work-related training
- data items on participation in personal interest learning
- data items on barriers to participation in non-formal learning
- list of population data items.
The "Populations data items" worksheet includes those data items that have been specifically derived to enable easy filtering for particular population groups. For example, the population data item "Persons aged 15-17 years" can be used to filter this specific population in tables rather than using the actual age group data item.
Users intending to purchase TableBuilder should ensure that the data they require, and the level of detail needed, are available and applicable for the intended use.