UNIT GROUP 8112 MAIL SORTING CLERKS
MAIL SORTING CLERKS receive or collect, process and despatch mail at sorting centres and post offices.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- receiving and checking incoming mail and mail bags
- assisting in the verification of registered and special articles
- operating mail processing equipment such as letter preparation lines, letter indexing and sorting equipment
- performing manual sorting duties and preparing documentation for despatching mail
- processing underpaid mail, bulk mail lodgements, express mail and other mail services
- operating postmarking machines, mail weighing and statistical recording equipment