8112-13 Postal Sorting Officer
Receives, processes and despatches mail within a post office.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- receives and opens mail bags at a post office
- performs manual sorting duties and prepares documentation for despatching mail from a post office
- prepares mail for despatch
- processes underpaid mail, bulk mail lodgements, express mail and other mail services
- loads and unloads mail conveyances and internal mail handling equipment
- operates mail handling equipment
- prepares and maintains mail processing records
- operates postmarking machines, mail weighing and statistical recording equipment
- may perform general counter duties and agency transactions