7123-11 Engineering Production Systems Worker
Performs a range of tasks in the production process to refine or treat metals and mineral ore, fire ceramics and operate machines to produce and finish metal products such as rods, tubing and structural shapes or moulds for casting.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate II or higher qualification or at least 1 years relevant experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- interprets engineering production drawings
- sets up, operates and adjusts production machinery to shape metal stock and castings and cut sheet metal
- operates welding and electroplating equipment
- operates furnaces and quenching plants to smelt and change the structure of metals
- uses kilns and ovens to fire ceramics
- processes mineral ore and operates metal rolling equipment
- casts molten metal and operates machines to draw metal wire through dies
- operates computers used in the production process
Metal Rolling Mill Operator
Mineral Ore Treatment Plant Operator