8175.0 - Counts of Australian Business Operators, 2006 to 2007  
ARCHIVED ISSUE Released at 11:30 AM (CANBERRA TIME) 01/10/2008  First Issue
   Page tools: Print Print Page Print all pages in this productPrint All  


Approximately (27%) of business operators were born overseas, while the remaining 73% were born in Australia. Of those business operators who were born overseas, one-third indicated their region of birth was North-West Europe (34%), followed by Southern and Eastern Europe (17%) and Oceania and Antarctica (11%).

The distribution relating to region of birth was generally similar for males and females. The main exceptions related to the higher proportion of female business operators born in South-East Asia (13% compared to 8% for males) or North East Asia (11% compared to 8% for males).

One quarter (25%) of non-business operators were born overseas, while the remaining 75% were born in Australia.

The distribution of the business operators differed to the distribution of non-business operators for some regions. South East Asia accounted for 9% of business operators and 15% of non-business operators. In contrast, Southern and Central Europe accounted for 17% of business operators compared to 11% of non-business operators.

Previous PageNext Page