NAME OF COLLECTION
Mining and Extractive Collection, Victoria
Industry Assessment and Statistics
Minerals and Petroleum Regulation
Minerals and Petroleum Victoria
Department of Natural Resources and Environment, Victoria
PO Box 500
EAST MELBOURNE VIC 3002
Telephone: Melbourne 03 9412 5060
Facsimile: Melbourne 03 9412 5150
Web site: <http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au>
To collect mining and extractive industries information on expenditure, production, royalty, employment, hours worked, and health and safety.
A questionnaire is mailed to all (1,267) mining, extractive and exploration operations in Victoria to collect the data. Frequency of data collection:
Main data detail
- health and safety - six-monthly;
- mining production and royalty - six-monthly;
- mining expenditure - six-monthly;
- exploration expenditure - six-monthly;
- extractive health and safety - six-monthly; and
- extractive production and royalty - annually.
- mineral production;
- stone production;
- mineral and stone royalty;
- employment - mining, exploration, extractive;
- hours worked - mining, exploration, extractive;
- mining expenditure;
- exploration expenditure; and
- health and safety - mining, exploration, extractive.
Frequency of data availability
Year ended 30 June.
Data are available from 1970 for extractive production and 1981 for mining production.
Products and services
Example of information available
- Minerals and Petroleum Victoria Annual Statistical Review
METALLIC MINERALS PRODUCTION, VICTORIA(a)
(a) From statutory returns under the Mineral Resources Development Act 1990 (Vic.).