NAME OF COLLECTION
Mineral Royalties, New South Wales
Royalty and Statistics
Department of Mineral Resources, New South Wales
PO Box 536
ST LEONARDS NSW 1590
Telephone: Sydney 02 9901 8721
Facsimile: Sydney 02 9901 8427
Web site: <http://www.minerals.nsw.gov.au>
To provide information for royalty assessment and land use planning. Data are collected annually from holders of mining titles.
Annual royalty returns are mailed to all holders of mining titles in New South Wales (80-90 coal mining title holders, six mineral sands mining title holders and 600-650 other minerals mining title holders).
Main data detail
New South Wales. Redevelopment of the collection may allow aggregation of data for 1999-2000 by local government areas in New South Wales or New South Wales geographical mining divisions.
- quantity of mineral product recovered;
- value of mineral product recovered on an ex mine basis;
- value of mineral product recovered at average annual market prices;
- quantity of coal produced; and
Frequency of data availability
Year ended 30 June.
Data are available from 1989-90.
Products and services
- New South Wales Minerals Industry Annual (available at 29-57 Christie Street, St Leonards NSW 2065)
- Ad-hoc requests are met on a commercial basis - information can be supplied on floppy disk, by email or as hard copy.