UNIT GROUP 4421 PAINTERS AND DECORATORS
PAINTERS AND DECORATORS apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate the surfaces of buildings and structures.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- erecting scaffolding and ladders, and placing drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- preparing surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes or stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers or sprays
- hanging wallpaper
- cleaning equipment and work areas
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram