4421-11 Painter and Decorator
Applies paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate the surfaces of buildings and structures.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- erects scaffolding and ladders, and places drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- prepares surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- selects and prepares paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, thinning and drying additives
- applies paints, varnishes or stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers or sprays
- hangs wallpaper
- cleans equipment and work areas
- may repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
- may lay and repair wall and floor tiles
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram