9921-15 Stud Hand or Stable Hand
Assists with maintaining and cleaning stables and handling horses and other stud animals.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- grooms, feeds and cares for stud animals
- exercises horses by walking, riding, leading or swimming
- attends to horses at track work, barrier trials and races
- cleans stables, feeds horses and stores feed and bedding
- assists with basic veterinary care of horses or other stud animals
- reports on the condition of stud animals
- performs minor maintenance on stable fixtures, buildings and fences
- assembles, prepares and stores horse gear
- travels with animals as required
- may ride horses in training work
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram