UNIT GROUP 9921 FARM HANDS
FARM HANDS perform routine tasks to assist in plant cultivation and animal production in various types of agricultural establishments.
The entry requirement for this unit group is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops and animal stock
- operating farm machinery to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest field crops
- maintaining and repairing buildings, machinery, fences, plant and water systems
- loading and unloading seed grain, fertilisers and livestock feed, and loading field crops into transporters for marketing
- planting fruit and nut trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools or farm machinery
- grooming, feeding and caring for stud animals
- handling fleeces and controlling sheep for shearing
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram