Creates three-dimensional forms to communicate impressions or ideas by carving or modelling materials such as wood, stone, clay or metal and assembles sculptural pieces using found or manufactured materials.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- conceives and develops designs for sculpture
- selects materials of suitable proportions, quality and texture, and decides on techniques to be used
- arranges objects, positions models or selects visual forms according to chosen subject matter
- sketches designs of proposed sculptures or makes models of wax or plaster
- carves or forms materials to desired shape using hand or power tools
- models plastic substances such as clay or wax using fingers or hand tools
- fires clay objects in kilns
- prepares moulds for casting sculptures in metal
- devises forms from metal using welding or metalworking equipment, or from stone using masonry tools
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram