2531-15 Potter or Ceramic Artist
Conceives, designs and moulds clay using hand-building and wheel techniques.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- conceives, styles and shapes into which pottery pieces are to be formed
- moulds clay into functional or artistic articles by wheel-throwing, moulding and hand-building
- mixes glazing materials and applies glazes to dried pottery by dipping or painting
- places finished or decorated pieces in kilns
- sets up and operates electric, gas-fired or solid fuel kilns
- attaches other structures or materials to pottery for artistic effect
- exhibits finished items in galleries for display or sale
- may produce limited production run
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram