4942-11 Furniture Upholsterer
Makes, rebuilds and repairs upholstered furniture such as chairs, sofas and beds.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- confers with clients or supervisors to determine style, size, materials and cost for furniture items
- measures and cuts covering and padding materials
- seams cushions and joins sections of covering material
- secures material, padding, springs and webbing to articles to be upholstered
- attaches ornamental trims, braids and buttons to covers or frames
- removes coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture items
- removes and replaces defective springs or installs new ones
- makes and repairs wooden frames
- may finish wooden surfaces on furniture
- may remove stains from fabric
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram