UNIT GROUP 4942 UPHOLSTERERS AND BEDDING TRADESPERSONS
UPHOLSTERERS AND BEDDING TRADESPERSONS make, rebuild and repair upholstered articles such as chairs, sofas, beds and mattresses.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- conferring with clients to determine materials and cost of furniture items to be made or repaired
- making and repairing wooden frames, and removing and replacing defective springs
- removing coverings, webbing and padding from old furniture
- measuring, cutting and covering furniture with materials
- seaming cushions and joining sections of covering material
- attaching ornamental trims, braids and buttons
- padding and covering spring units to upholster mattresses
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram