Applies insulating materials, such as asbestos, felt, fibreglass, polyurethane and cork to pipes, steam generators, process vats or ducting.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- examines specifications to determine insulation requirements
- cuts, shapes, trims and smooths insulating sheets to cover parts of equipment and pipes
- wraps or fits insulating materials around airconditioning ducts, and trims materials with scissors or shears
- fits and tapes preformed insulation around pipes
- brushes or sprays waterproof cement over insulating materials
- secures insulation with wire, wire netting, staples, metal strapping or using welding torches
- trowels plaster over wire netting, and wraps canvas strips over plaster
- packs cavities in walls and partly assembled casings with loose particles of insulating material
- installs prefabricated insulating assemblies, using hand tools and metal fasteners
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram