9919-13 Crane Chaser
Slings and directs the movement of loads handled by cranes or winches in locations such as manufacturing plants and construction sites.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- examines loads to be moved, estimating size, shape, weight and centre of gravity
- ensures that loads do not exceed lifting capacities of cranes
- selects slings or other grappling devices
- attaches lifting devices to hoisting equipment and items to be moved, using clamps, hooks, bolts and knots
- applies slings, covering sharp corners with padding to prevent damage to slings
- ensures loads are secure and signals crane or winch operators to lift loads
- ensures loads are evenly balanced
- guides loads into position as they are lowered
- inspects chains, slings, ropes, cables, hooks and lifting gear for flaws and damage
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram