4623-11 General Gardener
Plants, cultivates and maintains parks and gardens.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- conducts site assessments and soil analyses
- prepares and maintains seedbeds and growing sites
- propagates and plants trees, bushes and hedges, flowers and bulbs
- prepares lawn areas by spreading top soil and planting grass, or by laying instant turf
- maintains planted and grassed areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing
- identifies and treats weeds, pests and diseases
- prunes trees and hedges, and installs plant support and protection devices
- installs, operates and maintains drainage and irrigation systems
- may grow and maintain indoor plants and conservatory displays
- may construct features and facilities within gardens, such as paths or paved areas, rockeries, ponds and water features, and planter boxes
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram