UNIT GROUP 4412 FIBROUS PLASTERERS
FIBROUS PLASTERERS apply and fix suspended ceilings and plasterboard partitions, fire rating systems, acoustic tiles, and composite wall linings to buildings.
The entry requirement for this unit group is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining plasterboard layout, and installing insulation and vapour barriers
- measuring, marking and cutting plasterboard, lifting and positioning panels and securing them to walls and ceilings, or to battens
- preparing corner beads and securing them in position
- fixing pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- covering joins and nail holes with wet plaster or sealing compounds, and smoothing them using wet brushes and sand paper
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram