2512-11 Welfare Worker
Assists individuals, families and groups with social, emotional and financial difficulties to improve quality of life by educating and supporting them and working towards change in their social environment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or AQF Diploma. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- provides support while exploring alternatives with clients who experience difficulties such as marital problems, unemployment, illness and drug abuse
- assesses risks and provides intensive short-term crisis counselling for victims of domestic violence, child abuse, disasters and other crises
- assists in establishing or administering a neighbourhood house, community group, employment training program or other service
- evaluates data and writes reports including submissions requesting funding for continuing programs and new projects
- advocates on behalf of clients
- arranges for clients to be referred to other appropriate specialist professionals, support workers or community agencies
- arranges, coordinates and evaluates support services such as home and community care for elderly and disabled clients
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram