Teaches the theory and practical skills of flying aircraft.
The entry requirement for this occupation is commensurate with an AQF Diploma or higher qualification and relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- develops course outlines, lesson plans and resource materials
- lectures, demonstrates and provides practical exercises for students
- instructs in the operation of communications, navigational and meteorological equipment
- teaches use of aircraft controls and instruments
- teaches operational considerations such as airframe construction characteristics and engine performance
- demonstrates the use of safety equipment and pre-flight inspection of aircraft
- gives in-flight instruction, supervises solo flights, accompanies students on training flights and demonstrate techniques for controlling aircraft during taxiing, take off, turns and landings
- tests students' proficiency using written, theoretical, practical and verbal examination techniques
- makes recommendation for examining and licensing at end of training
- may give post-licensing rating and endorsement training to student and qualified pilots
Helicopter Pilot Instructor
Gliding Pilot Instructor
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram