2541-17 Flight Engineer
Liaises with Aircraft Pilots and engineering maintenance staff to advise on operational engineering matters.
The entry requirement for this occupation is commensurate with an AQF Diploma or higher qualification and relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- inspects aircraft documents regarding operational status of aircraft
- completes cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine whether aircraft are acceptable for flight
- operates aircraft engines and systems in accordance with flight manuals, manages fuel-feed systems and computes fuel consumption and jettison
- monitors aircraft mechanical performance and reports on mechanical condition
- monitors communications to maintain awareness of altimetry and aircraft flight paths
- maintains flight logs concerning operational data, periodical instrument readings and flight path comparisons
- reads normal and emergency checklists and alternate procedures when required
- initiates emergency procedures for aircraft engines systems in coordination with pilots or under captains' instructions
- may service aircraft and certify airworthiness if appropriately licensed, where ground staff are not available
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram