5995-11 Desktop Publishing Operator
Prepares and assembles the layout of books, newsletters, magazines, and advertisements for publication using desktop publishing software, according to specified design and presentation requirements.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification or at least 3 years relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience is required in addition to the formal qualification.
- liaises with clients to specify requirements and advise on ways to solve potential problems
- plans designs of layouts using desktop publishing software in accordance with clients' requirements by studying drawings, illustrations, photographs, texts and artwork to be reproduced
- uses desktop publishing software to amend layout, select fonts, and integrate text with graphics to create a balanced and readable document
- produces graphics from originals through computer imaging, merges photographs with computer images, scans and adjusts colours by computer
- executes approved designs, arranging drawings, photographs and texts to meet client requirements
- may provide explanatory legends for printing or reproduction
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram