UNIT GROUP 2535 AUTHORS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS
AUTHORS AND RELATED PROFESSIONALS write, edit and evaluate literary works for publication and scripts for radio, television, stage and film productions.
The entry requirement for this unit group is a bachelor degree or higher qualification or at least 5 years relevant experience. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- creating or developing ideas and themes for written works, such as novels, plays, musical works, screen productions, educational texts, information texts and multimedia products
- researching subject matter through original or secondary materials, interviews and other media
- planning, organising and writing material
- reviewing and evaluating manuscripts of novels, biographies, short stories, poems, educational texts and other books
- advising publishers about potential of material for publication and conditions of publication contract
- negotiating publication details such as royalties, publication dates and numbers of copies to be printed
- reviewing and assessing stories and other material for radio, television, stage or film productions
- directing the preparation of scripts to be read by announcers to introduce and connect parts of musicals, news, sports or special events programs
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram