8312-13 Luggage Porter or Doorperson
Assists guests in accommodation establishments and passengers in transport terminals by attending to and carrying luggage, escorting guests, by welcoming them and attending to their general needs.
The entry requirement for this occupation is completion of compulsory secondary education or higher qualification.
- greets and welcomes guests to establishment
- assists guests arriving at or leaving premises
- opens doors for guests or passengers and carries luggage to and from vehicles
- directs incoming guests and explains facilities
- answers guests' questions and provides information on transport facilities, local attractions or other facilities
- carries out general cleaning duties such as tidying public areas
- receives baggage from guests, tags it and issues identification slips
- parks guests' vehicles and hails taxis for guests
- may book tours, taxis and restaurants and confirm travel reservations
- may check identification and prevent unauthorised entry
- may provide room service such as collecting and delivering laundry
Follow us on...Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Instagram